Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 19: Yarbus

        I got here in the morning at about 8:30 and I have been Yarbus-ing all day. Luckily I'm basically done now. The only video I'm having trouble with is Jeff's close calibration on July 27th. In order for a calibration to be acceptable the calibration numbers must be above .8o, but ideally they should be as close to 1.0 as possible. Whenever I try calibrating his close calibration, whether it's the beginning calibration or the end, I'm getting numbers around.60. I checked to see if the corneal reflection was visible in all of my calibration points and it was. I'm slightly confused, but i'll just deal with it tomorrow because I'm bored. I did 5 Yarbus videos today and it takes about 30 to 45 minutes for each video to get created ("rendered") so while that happened I read the new article Karen gave us for tomorrow's lab meeting. This one isn't quite as bad as last weeks was, but it calls for me to apply some of the concepts that they sort of explained in last weeks article. Unfortunately I didn't quite understand last weeks reading so it's hard for me to apply those concepts to this weeks reading. I'll figure it out though! The interns, and when I say interns I actually mean Elaine, Halle, and I, are going to see a movie tonight so I'm leaving now.

No comments:

Post a Comment